1. After the tattoo is completed, keep the wrap on for an hour and then clean your tattoo. Do not ever rebandage your tattoo.
2. Keep your tattoo clean. Wash your tattoo at least 3 times a day (when you wake up, once during the afternoon, and before bed). Use lukewarm water and a gentle soap such as Dial. Do not scrub your tattoo. Pat it dry with a clean paper towel and allow it to airdry.
3. Apply healing ointment such as Aquaphor or a gentle lotion such as Lubriderm beginning the day after the tattoo. If using an ointment, only apply a very small amount. The tattoo needs to breathe to heal.
4. Once your tattoo begins to peel, switch from ointment to lotion. The tattoo will become itchy as it peels, but DO NOT SCRATCH your tattoo. Scratching your tattoo could cause permanent damage to the way it heals.
5. Never soak your tattoo in water. You may shower normally, but do not bathe or swim.
6. Keep your tattoo out of the sun while it is healing.
7. Do not wear any tight clothing that will rub on your tattoo.
8. Avoid activities that will make you sweat for the first 5 days.
9. If moisture bubbles appear during the first few days of your tattoo, this is usually caused by not enough cleaning or applying too much ointment. Once you notice these bubbles, clean the tattoo and allow it to dry completely. Switch from ointment to lotion.